Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sept. 26, 2016

Famiglia mia!

I can't believe it's been another week! I hope everything is going great for you all wherever you are in the world :) Caserta sta fiorendo ancora! Caserta is "flowering" (not a verb in English but you get the point) :)

We had an exchange this week with the Sorelle from Battipaglia which was a blast as always! I was with Sorella Roberts who goes home this next transfer. She's an angel. We were able to see lots of miracles together on the scambio and had a blast! 

Since last week was pretty insane and we were only in our city for a solid 2.5 days, we hadn't been able to see very many of our investigators for a while but scambi bring miracles!! We were all getting ready for English course and Ester (our 19yr old investigator) called us!! She asked if we were at the church and we said yeah for English course. She said she was outside and wanted to do a lesson with us after so she would stay for corso! Miracle!!! We hadn't been able to see her for a couple weeks because we've all been so busy. She's still reading il Libro di Mormon though and loves it! She said the prayer at the end of English course in front of 50+ people and I had a major proud-mama moment. Our lesson went so well too! She's unreal!! I wish so badly you guys could meet her. She came to church on Sunday which was a miracle because we had to walk to her house which is 3 miles in the opposite direction from the church and from our house (did that sentence make ANY sense? Haha probably not). BUT, we finally made it and she loved church! 

We ran into one of our former investigators and she told us that she's still reading the BOM and is now in Alma 28!!!! What?! That's incredible. We've been praying hard to know if we should start teaching her again or let her have some space for a while and I think that was Heavenly Father telling us to keep meeting with her.

Friday night a lady in our ward invited all 6 missionaries and 3 of our ward's recent converts over to her house for an FHE/dinner. I haven't eaten with Italians here for almost 2 months and Mammmmaaaa Mia, SO much food. I woke up the next morning and my abs were sore hahahaha. It stretched our stomachs :)

Currently typing this from the pier on the Amalfi Coast. This is the closest thing on earth to the celestial kingdom. We've spent today in Positano and Amalfi and it's been absolutely amazing. I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful it is. Better pics to come for next week because I forgot my card reader for my camera so iPad pics will have to do :(

I taught the training this week in our District Meeting on conversion and it really got me thinking about different examples in the scriptures of people that were truly converted. I invite you all to study this week in the Book of Mormon and find one of the hundreds of stories of people who were converted unto the Lord and who had a "mighty change of heart." I promise as you study and strive to become converted, "surely there will not be a happier people among all the people who have been created by the hand of God." 4 Nephi 1:16 :) 

"Inni di vittoria avanzando canterem.
Fieri noi sarem di viver per servire ̑il nostro Re."  Chiamati a servirLo.

Baci,
Sorella Hess 

Pics:
Sorella Roberts and Mary Joy (member from Nigeria!!) I loooove her.
Gelati con tutte le Sorelle insieme!
Ester wrote this on the board in church on Sunday :')
Positano 
Currently writing this email from this pier in Amalfi #blessed
image1.JPG
image1.JPG
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment