Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday April 11, 2016

Hey everybody!!

How's it going? I hope everything's going well for you all:) We had
another good week in Taranto. It's crazy how fast time is flying. I'm
loving it here:)

We've been doing a lot of finding this week trying to find new
investigators. So we spent a lot of time handing out pass-along cards
and talking to people. We found this really cool park that's right on
the ocean and we talked to a bunch of people there!

Italians are so funny & honest haha. The other day, my hair was up in
a bun and I wasn't wearing much makeup. We had walked about 8 miles
and needless to say, I looked gross. A cute girl in our ward met up
with us in Centro to do a gesso (chalk-finding activity) that night
and told me that she likes me better with my hair done and with makeup
on. Hahaha😂😂😂 Ya I know, thanks😘

We set a baptismal date for our investigator 'M' for April 23rd, so
hopefully everything goes according to plan. She's awesome and has
such a strong testimony! I hope she has the courage to go through with
it! We watched the Restoration video with her yesterday and she really
liked it. I love the Spirit that those videos bring.

I was reading Elder Holland's talk this morning and I really loved how
he said, "Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that
the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for
commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and
strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in
that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep
going. If you fall, summon His strength. He will help you get back up.
He will help you repent, repair, fix whatever you have to fix, and
keep going. Soon enough you will have the success you seek."

That's such a powerful thought. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that
our Father in Heaven loves us and will bless us even though we are all
far from perfect. He knows our hearts and will bless us if we're
striving to be obedient😊

We're doing a scambio (exchange) in Crotone from Wednesday to Thursday
night so it'll be fun to see new cities and how missionary work goes
there😊

I love you all! Thank you for your support!! Hope you have an awesome week!!














No comments:

Post a Comment