Monday, July 10, 2017

The refiners fire and dirty water meet

Sup fam? We taught our English course students that the other day and they all respond "very well" or "fine, and you?" with an Italian accent. They didn't get the concept of "not much" 😂 Hahahaha I love Italians.

How am I already emailing again?! Mamma mia il tempo sta volando! 

Public service announcement: stay off the roads everyone in Utah because MY CUTE SORELLINA HAILEY TURNS 16 on Wednesday!!! 🎈 I'm excited to scare all the boys away for you ;) Looveee you!!!! Happy sweet sixteen!!! 💕

Also happy b-day to my Sorella James (gandolf lol) yesterday! Still sad I couldn't be there to party with my fav people in Bari but Bellomo is more fun than me so I bet you guys had a blast :))))

We've been going harrrdd this week in all aspects of missionary work. We've called sooo many people this week, organized the ward list and old area books, visited less-actives, seen some investigators, done TONS of street contacting, stamped about a billion passalong cards & pamphlets, etc. 

Our whole palazzo's water got shut off for 24hrs this week so that was fun. The Anziani thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever heard because they just got a new apartment a few months ago which is SO nice. They have 2 air conditioners AND a car with AC. Know what we have? A fan (that hardly helps...just circulates the hot air around the room) and legs. Haha but it's fine cuz we just tell them the Lord is gonna bless us more and that we have stronger testimonies of enduring through trials hahaha ;) But we were really happy when the water came on after 24 hours because we heard that sometimes the water just goes off for weeks and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Yay for answered prayers! I love the dirty south ❤️😂 

But when it came back on, the water was BLACK. It still is pretty brown a few days later haha but we were just thankful to be able to flush our toilet and wash our hands (although I don't know how effective it is with the mystery colored water lol) so we aren't complaining ;) Good thing we don't (can't) drink the water here cuz I don't think parasites and kidney stones would be fun. 

MIRACLE: one of the less actives we've been visiting the past few weeks came to church yesterday!!! First time in probably a year or more that she's been so that was super exciting. She was all teary-eyed during the opening hymn and it was cool to see her feeling the Spirit. Super sweet girl who's been through a TON this past year or so. 

I got asked to give a talk Saturday night on the Holy Ghost and the difference it makes in our lives. I could write a book on that topic haha but I somehow had to get it down to 10 mins. Sorella Zapata and I were laughing that before the mission it took us forevvver to write a 10 minute talk because we didn't know what to say, but now it's the BIGGEST struggle to get it down to just 10 minutes. There's so much to say haha! 

I don't know how it works in other missions but we recite the first vision during comp study everyday. I've said it more times than I can count and I think sometimes we forget how significant of an event it really was. I was studying it this week and I was thinking about the very last part where it says, "ascoltalo" or "hear Him." It hit me how cool is it that HEAVENLY FATHER and the SAVIOR came to speak to him personally. It made me think to myself, what am I doing that's showing Heavenly Father that I'm actively listening to Him and the Savior? What would they say to me? Am I living in a way that emulates the Savior? Hearing is more than just sitting and listening to what they're saying but acting on it!! I invite you guys to ask yourself the same questions and strive to be more Christlike!! 

2 Nephi 2:28 "28 And now, my sons, I would that ye should look to the great Mediator, and hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose eternal life, according to the will of his Holy Spirit."

Wellllll, I love you guys. Thanks for all the love and support you give me! Can't believe next week is my last P-day since I can't write on the 24th. I'm so happy I'll never have to write another weekly group email again! Whooo :) Have a wonderful week!! 

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Pics:
1-Jesus is our peace ✌🏼 
2-"Ma voi siete biondissimi!! Dai, facciamo una foto insieme." (But you guys are sooo blonde! Come on, let's take a pic together) -random people on the street hahah.
3-Twinning in church with a member's daughter!
4-Battezzato & Bacchetti Fam❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ My favvvvsss. Family away from home.
5-Our tap water all week. No filter ;) Thirsty anyone?







No comments:

Post a Comment