Tuesday, March 15, 2016

MTC week 5 (last week at the MTC) March 10, 2016

Buongiorno!

We leave in 4 days!!! What?! I'm beyond excited. We fly out on Monday at 11am from SLC to JFK, and then directly to Rome. Our time here in the MTC has FLOWN by! This week has been really fun! Since we were expecting to fly out on the 7th, we crammed everything we were supposed to learn in really quickly, so this week we just did a lot of reviewing which has been helpful. :) 

Due to our departure changes (Milano missionaries are now leaving on the 21st), Sorella Rogers and I got put in a trio with Sorella Keglovitz who is also going to Rome. She's from southern Oregon:) It's been fun figuring out how to teach with 3 people!

We had a fast and testimony meeting on Sunday in Italian and we all got to bear our testimonies. It was so cool to see how much we've all learned both spiritually and with the language since we've been here. 5 weeks ago we got here and couldn't even introduce ourselves (mi chiamo Sorella Hess) and now we can pretty much carry a conversation and teach the lessons in full Italian!

I taught a lesson on Sunday in Relief Society on Enduring to the End. As I was studying for it, I kept thinking about how important it is to not just endure, but to endure WELL. Just like in D&C 121! We're going to go through hard things in life, but it's important to do our best to have a good attitude about it. :)

I can't remember if I said this in my group email last week or not, but for the past couple weeks we've been able to Skype with members who live in Italy and teach them a lesson. This week we taught this man in Genova (northern Italy) and it was so awesome! Italians are the coolest people. I can't wait to get there and to serve them:)

Yesterday we went around the room as a district and shared our 1st impressions of each other. It was hilarious! We've all become so close these past 6 weeks. Every single person has taught me so much. I know certain people are placed in our lives for a reason. :) 

I'm so excited (& a little bit nervous) for this next week. I've been waiting for this for the past 6 months (Well, and my entire life, but I've had my call for over 6 months now:)). Sono emozionata condividere il Vangelo di Gesu Cristo con le persone in Italia! So che questa chiesa e vera. So che noi siamo i figli di Dio e che Lui ci ama. Vi voglio bene!! Grazie per tutti che voi fate per me:) I'm excited to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the people in Italy. I know that this church is true. I know that we are the children of God and that He loves us. I love you all! Thank you for all that you do for me:)




Pink Day Wednesdays
Talk to you all on the 21st!! Ciao ciao for now America!

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Pic: Our "on Wednesdays we 
wear pink"





With Sorella Teague (she is going to Milan)



District on point


Flight plans!!

Hanging with the District

No comments:

Post a Comment