Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 4

Ciao!!

So...more big news this week! We actually aren't flying out until the 14th. They were planning on having us leave on the 7th, but some missionaries in my zone have visas that wont allow them to be in the country until our original date which is the 14th. It was kind of a bummer at first because we were all so excited to get to Italy, but it's okay because we need as much practice with the teaching and with the language as we can get. So, T-10 days until Italy--for real this time :)

These past couple weeks we've been hosting new missionaries coming in on Wednesdays and it's one of the highlights of my week! It's so fun being with them and helping them get settled in here. There are some pretty amazing missionaries here that are going to bless a lot of people around the world. The work really is hastening! As of last week there were 1200 missionaries here in the MTC and 53% were sisters!! #sistermissionariesforthewin!!

I started il Libro di Mormon over again this week and as I've been reading, I just keep noticing how simple and beautiful our gospel is. In 1st Nephi, it talks a lot about "the plain and precious truths of the gospel," and how those are the easiest for people to understand. We don't need to have a big and elaborate explanation when we're sharing the gospel. We just need to teach the simple truths and invite the Spirit to be present, and that's how hearts are converted to the truth.

We had a discussion this week in class about how it's okay to not know all things. In fact, when we have questions about the gospel, it means we're learning and growing. We may get questions on our missions that we don't know the answers to, but we can testify just like Nephi in 1 Nephi 11:17, "I know He loveth His children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." It's so important to know that we're God's children and that He loves us. That's why it's typically the first point we teach. If we have faith in God and do all we can, He will take care of us. I love this Gospel! It brings me so much joy and comfort!

I love you all! Vi voglio bene! Thank you for all you do for me! You're all such great examples to me. I'm one blessed Sorella :)

Con amore sempre,

Sorella Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment