Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016

Come va?? How's it going everyone?
We had transfer calls this past weekend and guess what?! We're staying
here for another 6 weeks! Haha no surprise there because greenies
usually stay for at least the first 12 weeks in one area :)

Our week was good! On Monday night we had the YSA/Youth night that I
mentioned last week and Eva ended up coming and she brought a friend
so that was awesome!

Tuesday and Thursday night before English course we had a lesson with
a woman named "M". She's probably in her early 50's and is super
sweet. She's Catholic but has been reading the BOM and loves how
"beautiful and simple it is." :) I know I felt the Spirit in the
lessons so I pray it touched her heart too and she'll be open to
learning more about our church. I can't even tell you guys how amazing
it is teaching someone how to pray and then experiencing them saying
their first prayer out loud. She gave such a sweet heartfelt prayer
and I felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest :)
Missionary work is the best.

Wednesday Sorella Adamson was sick and the senior missionary couple
here in Taranto (basically our parents away from home😊) insisted that
we stay home so she could rest. Let's just say our apartment got
really clean, I read half of Alma, I watched the District 1 & the
Joseph Smith movie & Meet the Mormons, and I read like 10 talks from
conference😉 We were happy to get out of the house and to get to work
the next day :)

I can't believe I've already been here in Italy for a whole transfer!
Time really does fly when you're having fun!!

Last night we were eating pranzo with some members and then we were
watching Mormon Messages together and we watched one of my
favorites--Dayton's Legs. I remember watching it in seminary my
sophomore year and feeling the spirit and now 3-4 years later I still
felt that same spirit. One of our transfer goals we made this week is
to invite every member in the ward to pray for a missionary
opportunity or a way to serve someone like the boy in Dayton's Legs. I
encourage you all to pray to find a way to be a missionary and help us
missionaries in the field out because we need all the help we can get
and member referrals are the BEST😊

Vi voglio bene!! Siete il meglio! I love you all! You're all the best!

Sorella Hess

Sent from my iPad

Cute De Giorgio Family for pranzo yesterday
Duomo in Città Vecchia




































No comments:

Post a Comment