Monday, September 19, 2016

Caserta, Taranto, Rome, Caserta!! Sept. 19, 2016

Ciao amici e famiglia!
image1.JPG
Got my permesso after almost 8 months haha

Such an amazing week!!! Monday after we emailed for a little bit, we took a train down to Taranto!!! It was so so good to be back :) We stayed the night with the Sorelle there and then on Tuesday we picked up my Permesso (visa). We met a super nice lady named Mariella. She bought us gelato and we talked to her for a while. I've only had random people buy us food one other time on my mission so it was pretty cool :) Then we went to English course and I got so see some of my favorite people from Taranto! So fun!! Favorite quote from the night was from one of the members who we used to visit all the time: "Sorella Hess!! You can actually speak Italian now!! I remember when you could only say small little words and didn't understand anything." Hahahaha thanks Sorella Mazzolari😂❤️

Wednesday morning we took a train directly from Taranto to Rome with the Taranto elders. We got there and then went and finished our P-day. We saw the Trevi Fountain and also the Vatican! We didn't go inside the Sistine chapel but we walked around in the piazza for a while. Mamma Mia. Rome is amazing! Hopefully I get to serve there at some point :)
image5.JPG
trevi fountain 

Thursday was the MISSION CONFERENCE. All the missionaries came up except for the ones in Sicily so we had 140 missionaries there! It was the most missionaries I've seen since the MTC. President Kearon (the European Area President from England) spoke to us and it was amazing. I don't even really know how to sum it all up because it was so good. 
He talked a lot about how we need to become the message we are sharing. We have the happiest message in the world!! People can be with their families for eternity! Our Savior lives and loves us! We can be forgiven of our sins! I've been thinking a lot about what I can do to become the message so that people can tell that there is something different about us. "Let people think that 2 angels just left their house when you leave a lesson." 
image3.JPG
the Vatican

















Remember the lady with the cute shoes on the train a couple weeks ago? We had a lesson with her this weekend that went really well. I love Italy. I love Italians. I love the culture here. I love the food. I love it all.
image4.JPG
part of my MTC group reunited

It's been a weird week being out of our city and we're thankful to be back to our nice (almost brand new) mattresses at home after sleeping on old ones on the floor all week haha. Caserta feels like home to me. Tante belle cose a voi! Ci sentiamo!
❤️/Sorella Hess
image6.JPG
pretty streets in Rome 
1- got my permesso after almost 8 months haha
2- trevi fountain 
3- the Vatican 
4- part of my MTC group reunited
5- pretty streets in Rome 

No comments:

Post a Comment