Monday, July 11, 2016




















July 11, 2016

Ciao Amici,

I'm being transferred! I'm going to CASERTA which is a city that's
close to Napoli (Naples in English haha). I couldn't be more excited!!
All I know about it is what the members here have told me because I
can't really Google it as a missionary haha. You guys should send me
some info on it :) Apparently majority of the ward is American because
it has an American base there. Sacrament meeting is in English which
will be crazy! We translate it for the Italians is what I've been
told. It has a cool castle that's been in a bunch of different movies.
My comp is Sorella Peterson! She's 2 transfers older than me in the
mission and I actually met her on my first day in Italy so I'm
excited!! I should get there Thursday afternoon :)

So up until Thursday, we were having a pretty tough week work-wise.
Everything we had planned to do was falling through at the last
minute, and I mean everything...even our backup plans. We spent a lot
of time doing finding and less-active hunting. It got to the point
where we just had to laugh when things went wrong because if we didn't
do that we would've cried haha. But "the sun will come out, tomorrow!"
And it did!

On Thursday we had lunch with our Bishop and his wife. They are the
cutest couple ever! We always have a lot of fun with them. They
brought us back to the church after and we had a lesson with C
which went really well. She's progressing a lot :)

Ok back-story: 2 weeks ago when I was on exchange with Sorella Dustin,
we were teaching English course and one of our students, 'L'  asked us to 
pray for her friend. Afterwards she came up




















to us crying and hugged/baced (kiss on both cheeks that everyone does
here) and said thank you. The next Tuesday in class, she asked us at
the end about the Book of Mormon and we explained it a little but had
to get going so we set up an appointment with her for Thursday before
class.

So after our lesson with 'C', Iole was supposed to come at 6 for
a lesson before class started at 7. We didn't think she was coming
because it was 6:15, but guess who walked in?! 'L'! I almost cried
haha. So so happy! We were able to teach her the Restoration and add
her as an investigator. She's amazing! We have another lesson with her
tomorrow night :)






Saturday morning we got transfer calls and then did weekly planning.
We heard that there are 75 companionships in our mission and 72 of
them will be changed this transfer! Mamma Mia that's a lot of
missionaries moving!!! We've been going through and updating the ward
list and calling all the numbers to see which ones are still active.
The elders in Taranto are getting blown out and the elder that's
coming in is getting blown in and training, so hopefully the new list
helps out a little haha. It breaks my heart because there are many
people who have moved and changed numbers and the church doesn't know
where they are now so they're just lost :(

Sunday I bore my testimony in church and was able to say goodbye to a
lot of the members. It's so sad to be leaving! These people are like
family to me. 'E' and 'C' both came which was exciting.
'C' was so cute in church and just kept hugging me and she cried
and said "her American daughter can't leave her Italian mama." I'm
going to miss her so much.

We've decided this week that a mission is a lot like riding Space
Mountain at Disneyland. There are ups and downs and you can't really
tell when it's coming. This is the hardest but most amazing and
rewarding thing I've ever done. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I love you guys!! Ci sentiamo next week from Caserta!!๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

Sorella Hess

“Nothing valuable can come without sacrifice, effort, and patience.”
-Elder Holland

Cittร  Vecchia Lungomare
Sorella Flansberg, 'G', me, and 'C' at church yesterday
Cutest girl ever. Carlotta :)
Sorella Parabita. Our cute Italian Grandma & one of the strongest
members of the church I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment