Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 "Una semana muy loca!!"

Hey guys!! Holy cow so a ton has happened since last week!! That feels
like a lifetime ago but also like yesterday!! Time on the mission is
so weird!!
Last Taranto District Pic

Tuesday: the AP's called us during comp study and said we'd have to go
to Bari the next morning for Slla Flansberg's trainer's meeting! We
had District Meeting and then all went out for pizza together. We took
a bus out to Lama to visit a less active so I could say bye to her,
but she ended up cancelling on us, so we did language study on the
beach by her house until the bus came. We came back and had a lesson
at the church with Iole and she had read all the way up to 1 Nephi 11
in just a couple days!! Whoo!! Then we had our last English course in
Taranto. I love them!!
Bye to Slla Flansberg & Mamma Lahaderne


Wednesday: We woke up at 3am to take a train to Bari. Huge tender
mercy because on Tuesday morning there was a massive head on train
crash that killed 27 people right outside of Bari. The missionaries in
Bari Zone said they take that train all the time but luckily every
missionary was in District meeting at that time on Tuesday. Heavenly
Father protects His missionaries. I'm so sad for those people and
their families who were effected by it. We came back to Taranto and
had pranzo and then we went over to say bye to my BFF Tanya in the
ward here. She's the cutest :) We had a lesson with Cristina after
that and MAMMA MIA. You guys, she's amazing. She walks in and shows us
what she's holding. It's a tithing slip! She said she fasted for the
first time on Sunday and is paying her first fast offering!! Whaatt?!
We hadn't even taught her about tithes/offerings yet!! She also told
us she's thinking about bearing her testimony sometime in church๐Ÿ˜ Oh
man, it was so hard to say bye to her. She's incredible.
Caserta welcomed me with 2 days of rainstorms!!


Thursday: The senior couple, the Lahaderne's, picked us up and they
took me to the train station and dropped me off :( I love them so
much! It was hard to say bye to my cute comp and my second set of
parents. I took a train by myself for 4.5 hours up to Napoli. The
train went past Salerno, Mt Vesuvius, Amalfi, etc. It was so so
beautiful!! I met the whole zone there & got my first Napoli pizza
which was legendary!! So yummy. Ahh. We took a train to Caserta and
had English course! Long but awesome day! Also my new comp is Sorella
Peterson from Smithfield, Utah. She's the sweetest thing ever :) We're
going to have a super fun transfer!

At the Palace today! (Reppin' my Fezzari shirt Chris and Nancy) ๐Ÿ˜‰

We walk a TON here. There's no buses in the city at all. Haha we've
averaged 9 miles a day since I got here. And we live on the 4th floor
and there's no elevator so you could say I'll be burning off all the
pizza I've eaten the past 5 months๐Ÿ˜‚ Also we live about a mile away
from the Reggia (Caserta Palace) so we run there every morning. No
biggie, we just run to a castle everyday haha, don't be jealous ;) We
spent P-day today riding bikes around the massive gardens outside and
then did a quick walk through part of the castle. Have I told you guys
I love Italy yet? I might never come home... Just kidding mom ;)

Also, there are dialects ALL over Italy. Napolitano is real. We had a
lesson my first night here with a less active and all she was speaking
was in dialect and I felt like a greenie again. I understood 1 word in
10 haha. Finally she switched into real Italian haha thank goodness.
People don't finish their words here hahaha. Like instead of saying
"tutto posto" they say "tutto pos". Haha I love Italian so much.


We added a new investigator on Friday named Rory. She's from Chile and
is super cute! She will most likely be baptized sometime in August but
she's thinking about what date. Super exciting:)

Church was awesome on Sunday. I already love this ward so much!! We
have to translate every meeting because the ward is half American and
half Italian. Haha I totally got the chills when I heard the sacrament
prayer in English. I'd missed it. I love Italian so much too so it's
the best of both worlds here :)

Ok well I love you all!! Have a great week!! Happy Pioneer Day haha:)

Con amore come sempre,
Sorella Hess❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment