Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29, 2016


June 29, 2016

Salve amici!!

Our P-day got moved to Wednesday this week because our zone all had to
travel here to Taranto today so we can all go to Bari to meet our new
mission president tomorrow. We're so excited to meet them! So much has
happened since last Monday so I'll try to remember the most important
stuff!

We worked a ton with less-actives this week which was a blast! We hit
our goal for the week so we were pretty excited :)

The youth in our ward did the musical "Prince of Egypt" this week.
Somehow the missionaries got recruited and next thing you know Sorella
Flansberg and I were singing solos to "There Can Be Miracles" in
Italian. I wouldn't have sung a solo in a million years in America
haha but as missionaries we just do what we're asked to do😂

We had a ton of meal appointments this week which was awesome! I love
the members, less-actives, and investigators here so much! Seriously
like a second family to me:)

I promise I will never ever complain about it being hot in Utah again
when I get home. Haha I didn't even know the meaning of the word
"hot." Humidity is a beast!!

G and C are both doing so well!!! C texted us
yesterday and set up her own lesson with us for tomorrow night! She's
doing so well!! I'm so happy for her:) We had pranzo with her daughter
G out in San Giorgio on Monday which was a blast. It's weird to
think that just 6 months ago I had no idea how much I would love these
people in Italy and what a big part of my life they would be. Part of
my heart will always be here as cheesy as that sounds.

This transfer has flown by SO fast. Transfer calls are in a week and a
half!! I can't believe it. It'll be interesting to see what happens
and if I'm leaving Taranto or not!

Saturday was a little interesting. Every single one of our plans for
the day fell through at the last minute so we spent a lot of time
doing finding. It's not very effective to do finding when it's 98
degrees outside and 100% humidity haha. We were also fasting that day
for President & Sorella Waddoups and Pickerd so we couldn't even stop
and get a gelato to make it better. Haha it's ok though:) It's all
part of the refiner's fire! I studied a cool talk the next morning
that helped me realize how important is it to have a positive attitude
even when things aren't going your way (like on Saturday😊).
The quote says, "We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

Well I've probably rambled on long enough, so have an awesome week
guys!! I'll email again on Monday :) Happy week of the 4th of July!!
Enjoy Tim McGraw at Stadium of Fire for me. I'll just get an extra
gelato to make up for missing it:)

Sorella Hess

Inviato da iPad









































No comments:

Post a Comment