Monday, March 20, 2017

Scambi, Trani, Parrucchiera, etc.

Salve tutti (as they say in Bari hahaha)
Decorated the kitchen for Slla CB's birthday
I hope you guys are all doing well!! We had a busy week with 2 exchanges! I was with Sorella Groll from Preston Idaho on Tuesday. She's awesome. We had a ton of fun together and talked to lots of people. We added a new investigator named Filomena and were able to meet with her again the next night. She had met with the missionaries 3 years ago but lost contact with them and is so excited we met up again. 

Wednesday night I colored Sorella Sargeant's hair for the first time haha. It was really fun. She looks so good brunette! I'm thinking about doing it too!! Haha jk mom, don't freak out ;) Forever blonde :)

Sorella Sargeant and I hit our 1 year in Italy mark on Thursday. Pretty crazy to think that one year ago this week I was actually here in Bari. Throwback to how they put me on the wrong train my first day in the mission and I went to Bari instead of Taranto on accident and had to take a train by myself as a brand new greenie haha. Who knew that one year later I'd be back here again?? 😂

Our district's weekly language study sessions with Fabrizia :)

Friday and Saturday I was on exchange with Sorella Coz Becerra. She's Peruvian but has lived in Italy for a long time. She's maybe like 4'11" hahaha. I love her. She's the cutest thing ever. We did a lot of finding and visited a few of the nonne in the ward.

Yesterday we had Stake Conference and the Bern Switzerland Temple President and his wife came down. They're both Swiss but gave their talks in Italian even though they speak just a little. It was so sweet to feel their Spirit and hear their testimonies even though it was in simple Italian. The Spirit has no language! 
Today in Trani :

We get transfer calls tonight and we're excited to see what happens this next transfer. Transfer 10 here we go!! So crazy. We spent P-day today in this beautiful little beach town called Trani which is about 45 minutes from our area. There's a super cute lady in the ward who lives out there all alone so she showed us around today and we had lunch with her :) 
Sorella Sargeant made me get Kebab (pronounced Kay-bob...it's so gross).

There's an awesome talk Sorella Groll showed me called Trust in the Lord from October 1995 (before I was born hahaha) by Elder Richard G Scott. It's amazing guys! Go read it right now :) I really like the part where he says, "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." 
I know this is true and that if we want to learn and grow, we have to go through challenges at times. We are never alone though as we go through them. Our Savior is there with us and understands exactly how we are feeling. I love you guys :) Siete troppo bravi!

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Orazio Flacco 13/3
Bari, Italia
70100

Le foto:
Decorated the kitchen for Slla CB's birthday
Our district's weekly language study sessions with Fabrizia :)
Today in Trani :)
Sorella Sargeant made me get Kebab (pronounced Kay-bob...it's so gross).
Visiting cute Sorella Calabrese :) and Gesù in the background ;) 
Visiting cute Sorella Calabrese :) and Gesù in the background ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment