Monday, March 13, 2017

Le feste di Bari!!

Ciao tutti!

Another week! It's been great down here in Bari. This transfer is flying! Transfer calls are next P-day!

Friday was for sure the highlight of the week! We had a stake Relief Society activity for all the women in the Puglia Stake... so know what that means?? ALL the sisters from Taranto (my 1st area) came up to Bari for the evening ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ It was easily one of the best nights of my mission. So much fun to see them all after almost a year and to actually be able to communicate with them now haha. I got to see a lady who was a Less-Active while I was there but then re-activated herself during my 3rd transfer. She told me that she just got a calling as a RS instructor!! I was soo happy to hear she's still doing well! Seriously such a powerful night. There were around 200 women there which is AMAZING for places outside of Utah haha ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was blown away by how strong these members are. They truly are the pioneers of the church here in Italy since the church has only been here for about 40 years.

Bari and Taranto Zone Sorelle


Also, Monica (that lady from last Sunday who showed up at church) came to the activity and they officially own a house in our ward and are moving in the first week of April! We are so excited to teach her :) She's golden!

Sabrina from Taranto


Other exciting events of this week: we were trying to pass by the home of a less active member. When we found the one we were looking for, we rang the citofono. Immediately after the "chi รจ" (who is it) and our "salve siamo le sorelle," (hi we are the sisters) we were buzzed in. We were pleasantly surprised and went up to the first floor. We rang the bell at the apartment and a woman asked who we were through the closed door. We explained that we were the missionaries, and she told us she couldn't open the door because she was just the badante (caregiver) and didn't have the keys. We were about to leave and come back in the morning, and I asked, "Ma, c'รจ Paola?" And the woman said, "Aspettate, vediamo se trovo le chiavi." (Wait a second, I'll see if I can find the keys) And she opened up the door and let us right in. Her name is Maria, and she told us that sadly the less active we were looking for died last year from cancer, and she is the badante (caregiver) for the mother of this woman. BUT Maria had met missionaries in the past and always wanted to be in contact with them again, but had no number or anything to contact them! We have been talking to her and are trying to meet with her again, we just have to find a time in her busy work schedule. Isn't that amazing?!

Guisi!!!
We had a party with our English course where we made British, American, and Canadian treats. It was really fun! There were lots of people there. Lots of potentials!

My Fav people

Cool graffiti
I gave a talk in church yesterday on why we need the restored church and as I've been studying it this past week, I've been able to reflect a lot on all of the blessings in my life thanks to the church. I invite you guys to sit down and make a list of all the ways the gospel has blessed you. It'll take a while, I promise haha but it's a pretty special experience. During 2nd and 3rd hour we got to watch the full Joseph Smith movie in English with our African Gospel Principles class. It's amazing watching it as a missionary because this is what we share with people every single day. I am thankful for the Restoration and that we have the priesthood again on the earth today. We're blessed guys!!! I love you all! Have a great week! 
Elisabeth--spelled like my middle name :)

Bari is good for a lot of things....but Pizza isn't one of them haha:)

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Orazio Flacco 13/3
Bari, Italia
70100

Le foto:
Bari and Taranto Zone Sorelle
Sabrina from Taranto
Giusy!
My fav people :)
Elisabeth (spelled like my middle name) :)
Cool graffiti 
Bari is good for a lot of things but pizza isn't one of
them haha :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment