Tuesday, January 10, 2017

๐ŸŽถ"And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that they loved"๐ŸŽถ

My people :) 

Sorry we're a day late! Yesterday was Zone Conference so P-day was bumped to today. #notapostate :) I hope somebody got my Bastille song reference in the subject line...We went to Pompeii today for P-day๐Ÿ˜Š It was the coolest!!






This week was unreal. Easily one of the best of my entire mission. We are happy the holidays and Italian parties are coming to an end and hopefully people will want to start meeting with us again but the Lord has provided for us these past few weeks and we've been able to stay busy. We've been to Napoli 5 times in the last week for last P-day, MLC, Zone Meeting with the District Leaders, Zone Conference yesterday, and today to Pompeii!! Lots of traveling but each of the meetings have taught us so much and we're ready to attack 2017! 





It's been TROPPO FREDDO this week. Probably the coldest I've ever been in my life haha. No joke. We are wearing so many layers it's ridiculous. (3 pairs of tights guys๐Ÿ˜‚) It snowed in Caserta for the first time since 1986 and the whole city pretty much shut down for the entire day even it only lasted for a few hours haha. Every time we go to Napoli our train goes right past Vesuvio and it is BELLISSIMO covered in snow. We're so blessed (we say that probably a hundred times a day).

Remember the less active we have been working with that came to church on Christmas?! She came again this Sunday and brought her 3 cute kids! We are teaching her 9yr old daughter! We were so happy to see them together in church :) It's so special to be able to see people come back to the fold❤

Last night after Zone Conference we were visiting a Less-Active member in the ward. She had a friend over at the time, and I'll be honest, I was initially a little disappointed because I didn't think we'd be able to get them all to come together and listen to the spiritual thought because there were a lot of kids and people there. BUT, we were able to sit them all down and teach them the Restoration. It was amazing and we added the friend as an investigator. She has a cute 8yr old daughter too! I was also super proud of my companion in that lesson. She continues to amaze me every single day and she teaches me so much. I swear I'm learning more from her than she could be learning from me. I'm blessed with the best!



This past Zone Conference could easily be one of my very favorites that I've had so far on my mission. We focused on the Holy Ghost and preparing ourselves for the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast we will be having in a few weeks. I learned so many new things!! I could go on all day. One of my favorite parts was at the end when we had a group discussion about our favorite verses in the Book of Mormon about the Holy Ghost. I loved the verse that someone shared from 1 Nephi 4:6-7. "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. Nevertheless I went forth." I think this applies to all of us in some aspect or another with school, work, family situations, missionary work, friends, etc. I know I definitely feel like this as a missionary. I don't know what I'm doing a lot of the time. There are days when I don't feel qualified, but as we pray to be led by the Spirit, we will be able to go forward with faith and the Spirit will guide us to do the things we need to do to fulfill this work.

President Pickerd shared a footnote from a scripture that I've been thinking a lot about this week. It's in Joseph Smith History at the very end. It's Oliver Cowdrey talking and he says, "These were the days never to be forgotten." I know this is true with wherever we are RIGHT now in our lives. We will look back on these days and always remember them! Give it all to the Lord. As the time is flying by on my mission, I pray that I will be able to do this so that as I look back on my mission for the rest of my life, I will have no regrets. This is the happiest and most rewarding hard-work ever. I love my mission and being a representative of my Savior. A lunedรฌ๐Ÿ’•

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Caduti sul Lavoro 3 
Caserta, CE 81100 Italia

Le foto:
Pompeii today! Vesuvio is in the background :)
Our cute Nigerian friends๐Ÿ’•
La conferenza di zona

No comments:

Post a Comment