Monday, January 23, 2017

Pasti, pizze, e pigiami! (2)

Hi guys! Our wifi stopped working last night before my group email sent so we had to send them off this morning! Not breaking rules :) I hope everything is going well for you guys! We're so blessed to be here in Caserta right now.
Il battesimo di Gianfranco!
Gianfranco was baptized this Saturday! It was amazing! So my companions and I have been teaching him and his best friend Rory together since July when I got here but Rory left for Chile for a few months so we passed him to the Anziani because he's a man. The baptism started on Standard Mormon Italian Time...it was supposed to be at 11 but it actually started at 12:07 haha. We have to do the baptisms here on the military base in the "nondenominational chapel" (covered in everything catholic haha) because we don't have a font in our church. The font was super shallow and only went up to their knees and Gianfranco isn't a small guy. He's easily 6'2" haha so they basically pancaked him flat on his back on the ground haha! But they got it done and he is now a member of the church!! It was a great day :) We had lunch and dinner with American families on the base afterwards so that was fun! I'm so thankful I was able to be here to see it.
Zina our cute Ukrainian simp & babushka :)


























Our cute little 9yr old Nigerian investigator is all set for her baptism on Feb 3rd! We are so excited for her--not only for her baptism but also because her family has started coming to church again. We've been visiting them several times a week since I got here and the first time they came to church was Christmas and they've only missed one week since! I get teary-eyed every time they walk into church as a family. 


Pizza party with Veronica (our new convert) and the rest of our English Course friends :)
A few nights ago we were at our favorite pizzeria and our friend Gerry from English Course walked in and paid for our pizza for us! I felt like I was serving in Utah haha. I always hear about that happening to other missionaries but it's never happened to me haha! So blessed!!

Comp item. Matching "ciao bella" pajamas hahaha...matching white fleece pants and all.
We had a few meal appointments this week which was really fun. Sorella Neuberger had her first Italian meal appointment because typically the Americans are the ones to invite us over here. Italian food is the best. I can't count how many times I've said that on my mission haha.
I'm so happy to be here as a missionary at this time. Last night we were doing finding as a district in centro and I just felt so grateful that I get to constantly be sharing my testimony of Christ and the Restoration of the gospel. What a privilege that is!! Sono veramente grata per il mio Salvatore Gesù Cristo e per tutto ciò che lui fece per me. So che Lui espiò per ognuno dei nostri peccati e se ci pentiamo, possiamo tornare al nostro affettuoso Padre Celeste. So con tutto il mio cuore che Dio e Gesù Cristo apparvero a Joseph Smith e che Joseph restaurò la vera chiesa di Cristo sulla terra di nuovo. Cristo vive e questa è la Sua chiesa! 

Spero che la vostra settimana sia fantastica! I love you guys!! 

Sorella Hess

Piazza Monte Gemma 9
Roma 00141 Italia 

Il battesimo di Gianfranco!
Zina our cute Ukrainian simp & babushka :)
Comp item. Matching "ciao bella" pajamas hahaha...matching white fleece pants and all.
Pizza party with Veronica (our new convert) and the rest of our English Course friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment