Monday, December 12, 2016

Robberies, Being Alone, "c'è una puzza", Quasi Christmas :)

Buongiorno guys!! Wowowowow. Are you ready to hear about this crazy week?! Here we go!
Tuesday during pranzo we had to have the elders come to our apartment because a service guy had to come work on it and we couldn't be alone with him. It took like 6 men to figure it out haha. The wall in our study room that connects to the apartment next to us smells like there's a dead animal inside and it's been like that for weeks. We've cleaned our apartment top to bottom and couldn't figure it out but turns out it's a water pipe break or something from the apartment next door and has been rotting our walls. Eww. 

Wednesday morning bright and early at 5am the elders call us and say that they just got off the phone with the police. Apparently someone robbed the church so we all had to go down and sure enough they had taken the computer, tv, some other random stuff, and a wheelchair (get-away car lol). We all went down to the police station and turns out they found all the stuff on the side of the road...? Guess the guy just left it all? We filled out a police report and got cameras installed in the church and the locks changed haha. 

Later that afternoon we were back at the police station for Sorella Neuberger's permesso di soggiorno (Italian visa). We had been waiting for over 3 hours and finalllly this lady came and got her. I get up to go with her and the lady (who wasn't very polite to me to put it nicely haha) told me I had to stay there. Well my brand new companion was gone for 45 minutes and I was left alone in a parking lot full of men. I was asked on 2 dates by men that didn't speak English or Italian haha and realized that there's a reason we preach the gospel 2 by 2 hahaha. Finally they let her go and we got out of there real fast haha. Traumatizing day for both of us hahaha.

The other night we HEARD A SAM HUNT SONG on in a store and mamma mia, it took everything in us to keep our cool. I honestly haven't heard 1 country song since I've been in Italy and it definitely made our night. I love my little southern, country loving companion :) :)

Thursday to Friday I was on exchange with Sorella Bellomo. She's from a town near Milan up north in Italy. She's absolutely amazing and the cutest person ever. We had so much fun together!! I know we were friends in heaven :) She made me promise to fly out to Italy for her wedding after the mission haha. She doesn't speak much English so the whole exchange was in Italian which was awesome. I survived SYL-ing for over 24 hours! Holllaaa! There are so many incredible missionaries in this mission. I love getting to know new people.

I gave a talk in church yesterday about service and I based my talk off of part of the talk by Elder Bednar from this last Conference. "Serving Him requires all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. We grow to love those whom we serve. And because serving others is serving God, we grow to love Him and our brothers and sisters more deeply." I know this is true that as we serve others, our love for them grows and so does our relationship with God. I love you all!! Pray for opportunities to serve and you will be truly happy :)

We're spending the day on the Amalfi Coast again so pictures to come next week! Siate forti!! Siate una luce per il mondo! Vi voglio tantissimo bene :)

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Caduti sul Lavoro 3 
Caserta, CE 81100
Italia

Fav italiana :)
Pic with the police hahaha
Post-gesso district pic

No comments:

Post a Comment