Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Birthdays, Physical Therapy, English, and Prayer :)

Buon Natale Everyone ๐ŸŽ„❤️๐Ÿ’š

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday :) It was a great day! If 20 is anything near as great as 19 has been, I'm in for an amazing year! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas this week! I'm super excited to Skype my fam on Sunday. This week was great. We've seen a lot of miracles even though a lot of our investigators have been really busy and haven't been able to see us. We were singing some Christmas songs together the other day with a couple less-actives and the 30yr old daughter just cried because the Spirit was so strong. I love Christmas time and the Spirit music brings :)

Wednesday I went to the doctor in Napoli because I've been having a sharp pain above my belly button for the past month or so whenever I walk up. Not enough to stop me from working but it's just annoying more than anything. Turns out my scoliosis has gotten worse and that's what's causing the pain so they're making me do physical therapy once a week. Not a big deal :) We went back on Thursday and the physical therapist strapped me to all kinds of crazy machines hahaha. Don't worry though, we taught him the La Restaurazione while I was laying there haha ;) 


We had an awesome lesson with a girl named Sofia who's 21 and is from Nigeria. She just got to Italy a year ago. She's darling and we had a really powerful lesson on the restoration with her. It was our first time teaching the restoration in English so it was pretty simple but it went well. We realized about halfway through that we don't know the entire first vision in English hahahaha. Oh man. I was translating it in my head from Italian to English the whole time haha. 

The ward Christmas party was a success in Saturday night. We had the English Course students do the nativity for the ward in English and it was hilarious. I love when Italians speak English haha. Before the party we went with some members and dropped off a ton of groceries and food for one of the less-active members in the ward who can't afford a Christmas. It was so sweet to see how happy she was. Her friend that was there came to church on Sunday and is now an investigator. It's amazing the miracles that come from service.

My birthday on Sunday was awesome!! Easily one of the best birthdays I've ever had. My cute comp woke up early and made me French toast and then when we were getting for church ready the elders surprised us and brought by cinnamon rolls. Church was great! We had a lesson right after the block with Patience (the friend of the less-active) and Veronica was the member present. Patience is also from Nigeria so the lesson was in English. I didn't think Veronica would say much because she doesn't speak a lot of English, but she LAID IT DOWN. She was sharing all kinds of scriptures and quotes from Preach My Gospel and bearing her testimony of baptism. It was amazing. She is a powerful missionary already and she was just baptized a month ago.

After that the senior couple invited all us missionaries over for a Taco party for my birthday! They are the cutest. It was such a fun day!! Today we are celebrating by getting district pedicures ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not my idea but I'm pumped. I think the elders are more excited than we are haha. 


I've been studying a lot about Prayer this week. As missionaries we pray sometimes up to 30 times a day or more! Sometimes I find myself getting repetitive and I used to blame it on the language and that I just didn't know how to say other stuff, but I made it a goal this week to make my prayers more like a conversation with the Lord. It's amazing the change it's had on me. I love you all! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Remember the reason for the season  ❤️๐Ÿ’š


Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Caduti sul Lavoro 3 
Caserta, CE 81100
Italia
Pics: Caserta statue lit up for Christmas, not a bad view from the Dr's office, physical therapy, best bday present ever๐Ÿ˜ (DP is almost impossible to find in Italy)

No comments:

Post a Comment