Monday, December 5, 2016

"Back to December"

We worked so hard this week and mamma mia are we tired! Those are the best weeks though. Here are some of the highlights of this week:

Tuesday we had an AWESOME double member-present lesson with 2 of our recent converts in the ward and our investigator Stefania. Luana and Veronica are amazing. Their testimonies are so strong and by the end of the lesson they were all crying. It was incredible to see the fellowshipping and the spirit working hand in hand. Tuesday was also the coldest day of my mission so far. I think my blood is thinning out after that deathly hot summer or something but we were FREEZING. Humidity isn't my friend.


Wednesday after DDM we found the bessst restaurant. Half priced lunch on Wednesday's so you better believe we'll be back there again soon. Best mozzarella sticks I've ever had๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

Thursday we went to the military base to help the American ladies in the ward make quilts. My finger got smashed in the car door so that was fun :') Then we went out and visited Florien our investigator from the Philippines that we hadn't seen in forever. On the way home our bus driver was so cool. We gave him one of our wrapped copies of the Book of Mormon and it was fun to see how excited about it he was. 

Friday we had a scambio!! I was with Sorella Barnes from North Salt Lake. This is also her 3rd week in the mission along with my companion's. :) She is so sweet! It was really fun getting to know her better. We had an appointment set up and when we got to her house she wasn't there. I was kind of frustrated because we had called and confirmed it, but Sorella Barnes said, "It's ok! There's obviously someone else Heavenly Father wants us to talk to!" We actually did run into a couple of our less-actives on the street after that and had a cool lesson that we wouldn't have had. I'm thankful for her positive attitude! New missionaries are the best.

Saturday we had Specialized Training as a Zone--Christmas style. It's always fun to see President and Sorella Pickerd and be together as a zone. (shout out to Sorella Pickerd because she told me she reads my group emails❤️❤️๐Ÿ˜‰). At the end we reenacted the nativity which was so fun! I love Christmas time :)
Sunday we taught RS on humility and unity which was really fun. We translate for ourselves so that was interesting haha but it went well :) 

One of our investigators taught us a cool analogy a couple weeks ago. She said that we are a lot like a clay pot that is being molded. Sometimes we get torn down and we don't understand why and have to start back over but then we realize that we are just being shaped into something better. I was reading the talk, "Yielding Our Hearts to God" this morning. One of the things I've learned on the mission is that the Lord ALWAYS knows better than we do and that He is apart of every aspect of our lives. If we submit our will to His, we will be so much happier! :)

"So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be."

I love the mission, the people here, Italian culture, my companion, sharing this gospel, and my Savior! I'm so happy here :) Love you all!! Thank you for your love and support❤️

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Caduti sul Lavoro 3 
Caserta, CE 81100
Italia

Le foto:
Braving the arctic
Nativity ft. Napoli Zone
Napoli today for pday as a district with the Battipaglia Sorelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment