Monday, February 6, 2017

Un anno!!(2)

Hi guys! 

Il battesimo di Deborah :)So this has probably been the craziest week of my entire mission. My cute bff Sorella N went home this last P-day for a couple months and it broke my heart to say bye to her. She's a rockstar. I've learned SO much from her. I'm SO very grateful we got to serve together and know that we will be friends for the rest of our lives :) I've been bouncing around the zone between my area and the other sorelle's area (2hrs away from Caserta) so we could still do some work in our own city and get things ready to go for Deborah's baptism.

Monday and Tuesday I spent in Pozzuoli. Wednesday I took a train by myself to Caserta (with permission from President😊), and one of our recent converts, Luana, was waiting for me there to be my comp for the day. I can't explain to you guys how much I love her. She was baptized back this past April and is doing Pathways (online BYU-I), learning English, living with an American family in the ward, working, and constantly helping the missionaries. She's awesome. It was a lot of fun to be with her. We got to go to District Meeting, out to lunch as a district, taught some lessons, and had a meal appointment with the family she lives with. The Pozzuoli Sorelle came and met up with us that night and stayed with me there in Caserta.
Thursday morning I worked on planning the baptism and making the program and getting everything ready to go and then we took a train back to Pozzuoli. I CRASHED on the train. Sleeping on a futon and living out of a backpack for a week isn't the funnest haha. Life of missionaries I guess haha. "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord." :)
Friday we spent the morning in Pozzuoli and then went to Caserta. We got a lot of good stuff done and I was able to pack up a lot of my stuff and apartment. We get transfer calls tonight but President already told me I'm leaving Caserta...just didn't say where I'm going yet...which makes sense because it's been 5 transfers (7 months) since I got here. I'm dreading saying bye to this city and the people here. It feels like home and like they are my family. I spent the night with the senior couple Friday and Saturday night which was fun! Weird sleeping in a bedroom by myself though! They took me out to dinner for my 1 year mark which was really nice of them! Blessed with the best in this mission.
Saturday was the baptism!! Everything was crazy trying to get 15 people from Caserta to Pozzuoli on trains but it all worked out. The baptism was perfect! Deborah was glowing afterwards :) It was such a great day. 
Sunday she received the Holy Ghost and it was really powerful! I was so happy to see her family there all together in church. They are the sweetest people!! The mission is so rewarding.

I just want to bear my testimony on trusting in the Lord. Things will always work out if we put our trust in Him. We are never alone! What a blessing that is to know that no matter what we are going through, there is someone with us. He loves us and is aware of our needs. A lot of things haven't gone according to plan this week but one thing I've learned is that sometimes things are out of our control and the best thing we can do is have a good attitude and move forward with faith trusting in the Lord. Ok, enough preaching. I love you guys! This is Christ's church!! Have the best week! Also s/o to my little brother for entering the MTC this coming Wednesday!! Fiji is lucky :) And Happy Birthday to Sadie Paige for turning 13 this Sunday! 💕

Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Piazza Monte Gemma 9
Roma 00141
Italia 

Le foto:
1- Il battesimo di Deborah :)
2- Pozzuoli 
3- L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli on my year mark :) finished this baby by myself! 
4- Fuori la Reggia oggi! Don't judge our ugly shoes and socks...massive rainstorm came and our other ones were destroyed so we bought some ugly 2 euro shoes and socks hahaha. The mission brings out our worst sometimes hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment