Monday, February 20, 2017

Polignano!

Well this week didn't go exactly as planned haha but when does it ever?? :) I was still super sick from the food poisoning all week so we weren't able to go out very much. We made it to English Course and DDM but I was dying at home in bed other than that up until Friday. We went to the doctors office on Thursday night and they checked my blood pressure and it was at 78/57 hahaha. It's supposed to be 120/80. Oops. "Ma come stai in piedi bella?!" I couldn't keep anything down all week and was down 10lbs at one point haha. Don't worry mom, I gained it back from our lunch appointment yesterday haha ;) 

There is a super incredible new convert here in the ward named Valeria who was baptized on Christmas Eve. She reminds me so much of Veronica from Caserta. They both searched out the church on their own and were baptized within weeks. Such amazing stories!! We had a lesson with Valeria on Saturday afternoon and we watched the Mormon Message "Grazie a Lui" or "Because of Him". I've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times on the mission but this time was different. I felt the Spirit so strongly. Maybe I was just extra sensitive to the Spirit because we hadn't been able to teach much this week but I cried as they talked about how thanks to the Savior, we can have a new start, live again, we never have to be alone, and we can find true happiness! 

Later that night we were out as a district in centro doing finding for English Course. It was pouring rain, freezing cold, and people weren't really listening to us. I remember thinking to myself, "Who in their right mind would be out here doing this right now if they didn't know this church was true? We're advertising a free English Course we teach just so people might feel the spirit during the spiritual thought and want to learn more about our church." I looked around at my district of ten 18-21yr olds trying to share the gospel and felt so proud to be a member of this church. The reason we stand out in the freezing cold, leave our family, friends, school, work, etc. for 18 months-2 years and get rejected time after time is to find the lost sheep like Valeria and Veronica who are searching for the way back home. We sometimes have to go through the 99 lost sheep to find the 1 who is willing to listen to us. Sometimes it's more than 99! We know the blessings that come from this gospel and we want our brothers and sisters to feel that same joy. I love being a missionary. I love the joy that comes from the small things in this work! I love my Savior, being His representative, and being on His errand. I love you all!!! Spero che la vostra settimana sia bellissima!! 
Con amore,
Sorella Hess

Via Orazio Flacco 13/3
Bari, Italia
70100

P-day today :) Polignano!!! Troppo bello 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment